Gluten & Dairy Free
You will need: 18cm spring-form cake tin and a food processor.
- 1 cup pitted medjool dates
- 1 cup slivered almonds – plain (or roasted which is delicious, but not raw J, & nuts of your choice)
- 1 tsp organic vanilla essence
- 2 tbsp organic cacao
- 4 avocados – ripe
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp organic vanilla essence
- ¼ cup plus 2 tbsp Agave Syrup (or Maple Syrup – to make this sugar-free you can use liquid stevia to taste)
- 1/3 cup organic cacao
- ½ cup melted raw dark chocolate
- Place all crust ingredients into a food processor until dough-like consistency
- Tip – if your dates are dry and the dough is not sticking together add 1-2 tbsp of water and process again
- Line the base of a spring-form pan with baking paper and lightly brush with olive oil
- Press the dough evenly into the spring-form pan until evenly covered. Set overnight
- Remove from freezer half an hour before serving & remove the dessert from the tin remembering to peel off the paper on the base
- Slice fresh strawberries and decorate. Drizzle with Agave Syrup. Keep refrigerated until required
- Serve and enjoy J!
Note: This is an amazingly quick & easy dessert to make & absolutely delicious. You could make it as individual serves in a muffin tin – either way it is impressive!